Grocery Shopping 101
Whether you’re on a tight budget or not, everyone wants to save money! And there are lots of ways to help stretch your food dollars further…
- COUPONS! $1.25 for a newspaper on Sunday can turn into major savings in coupons. Get to know your local grocery retailers. Many offer double or triple coupons on certain days. This can add up to double-digit savings on your grocery bill. (Personally, coupons usually account for a 15-20% savings for me!)
- READ THE ADS ! Sunday grocery ads are filled with great weekly sales, especially on meats and produce.
- FREEZE! When meats go on sale, stock up! You should never pay full price for your meat unless you use a specialty butcher
- PLAN AHEAD ! Plan out your meals for the week in advance. Studies have shown that shopping daily results in extra impulse buying and 20-30% increases in your grocery spending.
- MAKE A LIST and stick to it! Avoid those "impulse" items.
- LEFTOVERS! Stretch your ingredients by using leftovers. Click here to try some of our great Leftover Recipes .
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.