Media Research Analyst - Intern
RFD-TV is currently searching for a Media Research Analyst - Intern. This position is responsible for providing RFD-TV departments with Nielsen, MRI and other salient data such as viewer surveys. This reporting would be in the form of weekly reports, sales one-sheets and/or presentations, special analysis, programmer data and other analysis as needed. Other duties include audience analysis of other RMG properties, such as Rural Radio and FamilyNet.
- Creates program reports based on analysis of ratings data from various sources and accesses Nielsen information from various databases. Maintains databases as needed and works with outside vendors on finding new forms of salient information to be included in sales presentations.
- Searching various areas for other relevant information regarding RFD-TV programming as it relates to sales and marketing. Uses MRI and Nielsen data to develop a profile of the RFD-TV viewer to assist in ad placement, content, and market location. Working with sales planners on how to best use the data in a timely, efficient and salient manner.
- Assist VP of Research in various RFD-TV and Rural Radio surveys, as well as data analysis for FamilyNet.
- This position requires a person who is earning a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Research, or Communications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary, with the ability to create sales and management reports/presentations that are concise and use actionable information to make solid salient statements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MapPoint, and Outlook is required. Use of Excel pivot tables and other specialized functions is needed as well.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills are necessary. Good interpersonal skills and a proven ability to multitask and handle special projects are required. Ability to create new ways to look at voluminous amounts numbers is desired.