PB&J: Peanut Butter & JEALOUS!
Southern cook Paula Deen is known for preparing delicious down-home dishes. This week, Paula transforms a run-of-the-mill staple into a to-die-for confection!
Watch "Positively Paula" on Tuesdays at 7 PM ET / 6 PM CT / 5 PM MT / 4 PM PT
Peanut Butter & Jealous
- 6 Slices of Texas Toast, Smooth Peanut Butter
- Your Favorite Preserve, ½ Bag of Potato Chips
- ½ Bag Corn Flakes, 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 ½ Cup Heavy Cream, 3 Eggs
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon, ¼ tsp Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp Freshly Grated Orange Zest
- Powdered Sugar, Vanilla Ice Cream
- Peanut Oil
Pre-Heat 3 cups of oil in a 6-quart pot to 350°.
Make a triple-decker PB&J and set aside.
Add cream, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange zest, and vanilla extract to a dish wide enough to dip the sandwiches. Whisk together until smooth.
Add the potato chips, corn flakes, and cornstarch to a large bowl and use your hands to crumble the mixture into small pieces.
Dip your sandwich into the egg mixture. Be sure to get the sides as well.
Now coat the sandwiches with the potato/cornflake mixture, pressing it into the sandwich.
Also featured in this week's episode:
"Good" Breakfast Casserole
- 16 oz. Bag of Frozen Sweet-Potato Tater Tots
- 1lb. Sweet Italian Sausage
- 6 Strips of Thick-Cut Bacon (Chopped)
- ½ Yellow Onion (Chopped)
- ½ Stick Butter
- 8 oz. Package Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 6 Fried Eggs
Lightly butter the bottom and sides of a 9”x13” casserole dish.
Add the sweet potato tots and cook for 15 minutes in a 350° oven.
Brown the sausage, bacon, and onions in a skillet.
Melt your butter and cream cheese in a medium pot on the stove-top.
Add milk and parmesan cheese and be sure to stir constantly.
Fry 6 eggs anyway you like them in a little butter.
Pull the casserole dish from the oven and add the sausage, bacon and onion mixture over the potatoes.
Lightly salt and pepper.
Pour you Alfredo cream sauce over the casserole.
Add your eggs on top and serve up a hearty breakfast!