Southern cook Paula Deen is known for preparing delicious down-home dishes. This week, World renowned chocolatier Adam Turoni steps into Paula’s kitchen and demonstrates some high-end techniques!
Watch "Positively Paula" on Tuesdays at 7 PM ET / 6 PM CT / 5 PM MT / 4 PM PT
Chef Jack’s Frozen Chocolate Bananas
2 Ripe Bananas
4 Popsicle Sticks
1 cup Milk Chocolate Chip
1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Cut the bananas in half and insert a wooden Popsicle stick into the large end.
- Put them on a plate in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- Dip bananas in the chocolate mixture then roll in the pecans.
- Return to your plate and put back in the Freezer for another 30 minutes.
- Wrap in wax paper for serving.
3 Scallions Chopped
2 Cups of Cooked White Rice
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1 tsp Vegetable Oil
½ tsp Celery Seed, ½ tsp Celery Salt
½ tsp Seasoning Salt, ½ Lemon (juice)
1 TBSP Honey
1 Boiled Egg (crumbled)
3oz. Frozen Green Peas
1 Tart Green Apple (chopped fine)
½ Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
1 tsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
½ Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Mix mayonnaise, oil, celery seed, celery salt, black, pepper, lemon juice, and honey together and set aside.
- Mix rice, apple, bell pepper, scallions, egg, and walnuts together.
- Spoon the rice mixture into a picnic-style container with a sprig of parsley on top and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add dressing before serving and stir to combine.
4 Lemons (juiced)
1 cup Sugar
4 cups water
- Make a simple syrup with ½ cup sugar and 1 cup water.
- Combine in a small pot and cook until slightly reduced.
- Squeeze 4 lemons and add the juice to your pitcher. Add the simple syrup mixture and add water until you are happy with the strength. Pour over crushed ice and add a sprig of mint and a lemon slice!
(makes 2 Sandwiches)
1 bunch of Asparagus
4 slices Pumpernickel bread
½ Yellow Onion (sliced)
4 slices of Provolone Cheese
Thousand Island Dressing
- Blanch the asparagus for 2 minutes in salted water and 3 cloves of smashed garlic. Remove and place in a bowl of water and ice. Remove and dry. Grill the asparagus in a cast iron pan until slightly brown.
- Place a layer of dressing on one side of the bread then add the asparagus. Top with the cheese, onion and a little black pepper. Add the dressing to the other piece of bread and place on top.