Southwestern Taco Soup
Recipe from Karen Pollard of Owensboro, Ky.
Total Time: About 1 hour
• 2 pounds ground beef
• 1 ½ cups diced onion
• 1 28 oz. diced tomatoes
• 1 can 15 oz. pinto beans; rinsed and drained
• 1 can 17 oz. whole kernel corn, drained
• 1 cup mild medium or hot picante sauce
• ¾ cup water
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• ½ teaspoon pepper
• Salt to taste
• Shredded cheddar cheese
• Fritos or taco chips Directions:
1. Brown ground beef with chopped onion, drain off excess grease
2. Add all other ingredients, except cheese and chips; bring to a low boil.
3. Simmer covered for 15-20 minutes or until thickened.
4. Garnish with shredded cheese and taco chips/fritos.
5. You can garnish with sour cream if you like. Sometimes I add black beans, rinsed and drained too.
Servings: 6-8 depending on size of serving
Comments: We love this and I usually double it to have a big pot on hand.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.