Source: Illinois Center for Soy Foods
1 8-inch pre-baked graham cracker crust
1 package (12 ounces) extra firm silken tofu
1/2 pound fat-free cream cheese
1 cup fat-free sour cream
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix tofu, cream cheese, sour cream, cornstarch, and sugar with an electric mixer on low until sugar has dissolved.
- Add butter and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling into pre-baked crust.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until firm (a knife inserted one inch from the edge will come out clean).
- Chill completely, preferably overnight.
Topping can be added by mixing 3/4 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup powdered sugar and spreading on top of cooled cheesecake. Fruit topping (cherry or berry pie filling) or chocolate topping can be spread on top of cooled cheesecake.
Makes 8 servings
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.