Banana and yogurt crepes
Source: King County Public Health
1-3/4 cups low-fat or fat-free milk
3/4 cup flour
1 egg white
2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup, divided
Nonfat cooking spray
1 (8-ounce) container of low-fat or fat-free banana or vanilla yogurt
1 banana, diced
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Fresh mint sprigs, optional
Powdered sugar, optional
- Whisk together milk, flour, egg, egg whites, and 1 tablespoon of honey in a medium bowl. Allow batter to rest 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into skillet; quickly tilt and swirl batter to coat bottom of skillet.
- When crêpe is lightly browned at edges, use a thin spatula to loosen and turn over. Cook turned crêpe about 20 seconds or until lightly browned; slide onto plate to cool.
- Continue making crêpes with remaining batter. To prevent sticking, place a piece of wax paper between each crêpe.
- Purée yogurt, vanilla, and remaining honey in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add diced banana. Spread each crêpe with about 2-1/2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture. Roll crêpes into cylinders.
- Place 2 crêpes on each serving plate and garnish with mint sprigs or sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Makes 6 servings
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.