Prep Time: 35 minutes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup rice (dry)
1 cup diced red pepper
3/4 cup diced zucchini
2-1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 14-oz can tomatoes, no sodium added
1 15-oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 lb peeled shrimp
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp saffron
- Heat olive oil in oven-safe large skillet. Add garlic and onion. Stir for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add rice, red pepper, zucchini, and 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Stir for another 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except shrimp. Stir and place skillet in oven.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp. Cook until shrimp turns pink, about 5 minutes.
Number of Servings: 4
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.