RFD-TV’S THE AMERICAN RODEO NEWS TIPS
FOR IMMEDIATE USE: Dec 30
For more information, contact: PR@RFDTV.com or (214) 477-6999
RFD-TV'S THE AMERICAN RODEO NEWS TIPS
10 competitors from Team Roping qualifying event advance to THE AMERICAN Semifinals and 1 Bull Rider heads directly to THE AMERICAN
This weekend, Team Roping and Bull Riding events were held advancing ten more competitors to THE AMERICAN Semifinals and one directly to THE AMERICAN. The Team Roping event was held in Scottsdale, AZ at the Westworld Equestrian Center. The Bull Riding event was held in Fort Worth, Texas at the Cowtown Coliseum. THE AMERICAN Semifinals will take place in Mesquite, Texas on Feb. 22-23. The top finishers from each event after the qualifier will advance to RFD-TV's THE AMERICAN Presented by Polaris RANGER on March 2 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. THE AMERICAN is the richest one-day rodeo in history, with a payout of $2 million.
See below for the latest qualifier results and some additional story ideas to include in your coverage of RFD-TV's THE AMERICAN Presented by Polaris RANGER.
Team Roping held in Scottsdale, AZ on Dec. 27
Top 10 qualifiers advance: 1st Cody Snow (HD) Evan Arnold (HL), 2nd Brock Hanson (HD) Cesar DeLaCruz (HL), 3rd Mike Fuller (HD) Clint Summers (HL), 4th Chance Kelton (HD) Clint Harry (HL), 5th David Motes (HD) Dean Tuftin (HL), 6th Bill Snure (HD) Victor Aros (HL), 7th Jarrett Case Rogers (HD) Byron Wilkerson (HL), 8th Logan Olson (HD) Jordan Olson, 9th Travis Bard (HD) Tom Bill Johnson (HL), 10th Kory Bramwell (HD) Cole Jackson (HL).
- Brock Hanson (HD) has been riding and roping since he was old enough to walk. He owns and runs his own business, Hanson Rope Horses where he trains and sells team roping horses.
- Cesar DeLaCruz (HL) A heeler from Marana, Arizona, DelaCruz is a third generation NFR qualifier.
- David Motes (HD) has been competing in his sport for 50 years and won a world champion title in 1977.
- Dean Tuftin (HL) was the PRCA year-end winner in 1997.
- Logan Olson (HD) has been competing since he was 4 years old. His brother Jordan Olson was his heeler for this qualifier. In 2008, he won the Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo team roping title and in 2005 qualified for the WNFR.
Bull Riding event held in Fort Worth, Texas on Dec. 27-28.
Top qualifier advances directly to THE AMERICAN: 1st Matt Triplett
- 2013 was Triplett's first year qualifying for the PBR World Finals at the age of 22
- Currently he is ranked No. 6 in the PBR 2014 World Standings
RFD-TV's THE AMERICAN Presented by Polaris RANGER will take place on March 2nd at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Tickets are on sale and prices range from $20 to $150, not including taxes. They can be purchased at the AT&T Stadium Box Office, all Ticketmaster locations and online at americanrodeo.com.
The Semifinals is the last opportunity for an athlete to qualify to compete in RFD-TV'S THE AMERICAN Presented by Polaris RANGER. It takes place on Feb. 22-23 in Mesquite, Texas. Tickets for The Semifinals are available now for $14, $20 and $30 not including taxes. They can be purchased at the Mesquite Arena's box office and online at americanrodeo.com.
# # #