The IT Manager will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer and will assist with support of all IT systems at Rural Media Group. This position will aid staff with systems and equipment and maintain IT infrastructures on location and remotely.
• Installs and configures computer hardware operating systems and applications.
• Monitors and maintains computer systems and networks.
• Maintains accurate inventory of technology hardware and software.
• Helps staff either face-to-face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues.
• Troubleshoots system and network problems and diagnoses and solves hardware or
• Monitors and maintains technology to ensure maximum access.
• Replaces hardware and/or software as needed.
• Provides support, including procedural documentation and reports.
• Supports the roll-out of new applications and systems.
• Sets up new users accounts and profiles and resolves password issues.
• Tests and evaluates new technology.
• Works on network firewall, switches etc. as needed.
• This position is based at RFD-TV's headquarters in Nashville, TN.
• Bachelor's Degree in information technology or related field, and at least five (5) years experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of both Microsoft Windows and MAC operating systems.
• Works continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
• Ability to prioritize and manage several open issues at one time (multitasking).
• Establishes a good working relationship with staff and other professionals.
• Experience with Microsoft Servers 2008 through 2012.
• Experience with Microsoft Terminal Server and Hyper-V Servers infrastructure.
• Be familiar with all hardware and software, as well as network operating systems.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job, and the general nature and level of work performed by jobholders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.