Southern cook Paula Deen is known for preparing delicious down-home dishes. This week, Paula shows us creative ways to prepare three classic steaks. These must be tasted to be believed!
Watch "Positively Paula" on Tuesdays at 7 PM ET / 6 PM CT / 5 PM MT / 4 PM PT
PAULA’S NEVER-MISS MEATBALLS
3 Jars of Rao’s Marinara Sauce
4 slices of thick-cut Bacon or salt-pork (chopped)
1 Sprig Fresh Thyme, 1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary
2 Bay Leaves
3 32 oz. Cartons of Beef Stock
1lb. Ground Beef (93%)
1lb. Ground Sweet Italian Sausage
1lb. Ground Turkey
½ Large Yellow Onion (Chopped)
½ Cup Italian Parsley (Chopped)
6 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 Cup Grated Fresh Parmesan Cheese
1 ½ Cups Plain Panko Bread Crumbs
½ Cup Milk
¾ Cup Quick Cook Oatmeal
1 tsp Salt, ½ tsp Pepper
2 Packages of fresh Pasta (Fettuccine)
- In a large wide pot, brown the chopped bacon (or salt-pork). Add the Rao’s Marinara sauce and cook over low heat. Add bay leaves, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, thyme, and rosemary.
- In a large stockpot, heat the beef stock until just boiling.
- Combine the meat, onion, garlic, parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, eggs, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, milk, oatmeal, and salt and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients by hand.
- Form large meatballs and drop into your beef stock.
- Cook for 10 minutes and then remove and add to your Marinara sauce.
- Cook your pasta in salted water, drain and plate up your pasta, sauce, and meatballs.
- Top with a little Parmesan cheese. YUM!
EASY GARLIC AND THYME TOAST
½ Stick of Salted Butter
¼ Cup Olive Oil
4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
3 Garlic Cloves (smashed)
8 Slices of Italian Bread
- Add butter, oil, thyme, and garlic to a small pot and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Use a brush and coat both sides of your bread slices.
- Cook under a low broiler until light brown then flip and brown the other side.