RFD-TV, The Cowboy Channel, and RURAL RADIO Announce Full Wrangler National Finals Rodeo CoveragePosted: Updated:
[Nashville, TN] – Fans of the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo will have even more viewing options as RFD-TV, The Cowboy Channel, and RURAL RADIO on SiriusXM Channel 147 will offer four hours of daily LIVE programming from Las Vegas. For years RFD-TV has aired the Buckle Ceremony, Western Sports Round-Up with Steve Kenyon, and Outside the Barrel with Flint Rasmussen. New, this year will be Rodeo Las Vegas, a special one-hour program originating nightly from the Thomas & Mack Center at 8:30 PM ET - immediately preceding each night’s National Finals Rodeo. It will premiere on The Cowboy Channel and repeat on RFD-TV. The new program, hosted by Justin McKee and Amy Wilson will take viewers behind the scenes with their favorite athletes to see what “really” goes on in Las Vegas during NFR week. In addition, Rodeo Las Vegas will take a look at the rapidly growing sport of Fantasy Rodeo, helping players choose their lineups for each evening’s performance with expert insight and analysis.
"We are proud to partner with the PRCA to bring viewers Rodeo Las Vegas on The Cowboy Channel each evening right before the start of the NFR, and Cowboy Christmas on RFD-TV each afternoon,” said Patrick Gottsch, President and Founder of Rural Media Group. “These programs will create excitement and bring viewers the latest news and information from the Thomas & Mack Center, South Pointe Hotel, the Orleans, and all the other great rodeo action and competitions going on around Las Vegas. The focus on fantasy rodeo will also be a lot of fun for rodeo fans, and help give more exposure to all the cowboys and cowgirls who devote their lives to western sports."
The Broadcast Schedule from December 6 – 15 is as follows: ALL TIMES ET
- 3:00 PM: The Buckle Ceremony
- 4:00 PM: Western Sports Round-Up
- 5:00 PM: Outside The Barrel
- 2:00 AM: The Buckle Ceremony
- 3:00 AM: Western Sports Round-Up
- 4:00 AM: Outside The Barrel
- 5:00 AM: Rodeo Las Vegas
The Cowboy Channel:
- 7:30 PM: National Finals Tonight
- 8:30 PM: Rodeo Las Vegas
- 2:00 AM / 6:00 AM: The Buckle Ceremony
- 3:00 AM / 7:00 AM: Western Sports Round-Up
- 4:00 AM / 8:00 AM: Outside The Barrel
- 5:00 AM / 9:00 AM: Rodeo Las Vegas
RURAL RADIO on SiriusXM Channel 147:
- 6:00 PM: Western Sports Round-Up
- 7:00 PM: Outside The Barrel
- 8:00 PM: Buckle Wrap
- 8:30 PM: Rodeo Las Vegas
- 9:30 PM: National Finals Rodeo performance
- Rodeo Las Vegas: Take a look behind the scenes about what really goes on in the athletes’ lives while in town for the National Finals Rodeo. Rodeo Las Vegas is also the #1 show for fantasy rodeo fans. We’ll also take an in-depth look at other events happening around Las Vegas.
- Western Sports Round-Up: Steve Kenyon recaps the previous night’s performance from the Thomas & Mack Center, explaining who’s up and who’s down, while looking ahead to see who needs a big performance to make a move up the standings.
- Outside The Barrel: Daily talk show hosted by famous PBR Barrel man and Entertainer Flint Rasmussen. The celebrity and humor-filled show is a must see for all rodeo fans.
- National Finals Tonight: National Finals Tonight® features rodeo highlights and interviews with some of the most recognizable names in the world of professional rodeo. Hosted by eight-time World Champion and Hall of Fame Cowboy Don Gay, along with World Champion Tie-Down Roper and All-Around Cowboy, Joe Beaver and TV Host Dan Miller.
- The Buckle Ceremony: Filmed each evening at The Southpoint, each night’s winners are presented with their go-round buckles.
- Buckle Wrap: Highlights of The Buckle Ceremony with Steve Kenyon airing each evening on RURAL RADIO on SiriusXM Channel 147
Rural Media Group, Inc. is the world’s leading provider of multimedia content dedicated to the rural and Western lifestyle. With a mission of reconnecting “city with country,” RMG is the parent company of RFD-TV (52 million homes), RURAL RADIO Channel 147 on SiriusXM Radio (33 million units), The Cowboy Channel (42 million homes), and RFD-TV The Magazine. RMG networks are distributed worldwide by DBS, telco and cable systems, including DISH, DIRECTV®, Comcast, AT&T U-Verse, Mediacom, Charter Spectrum, Suddenlink, Cox, and more than 600 independent rural cable systems. Corporate headquarters are in Omaha, Nebraska; broadcast operations are in Nashville, Tennessee for RFD-TV and RURAL RADIO Channel 147 on SiriusXM Radio, and in the Fort Worth (Texas) Stockyards for The Cowboy Channel.
About The Cowboy Channel, RFD-TV & Rural Radio XM147:
The Cowboy Channel is the first 24-hour television network totally dedicated to western sports and the western lifestyle. Headquartered in the Fort Worth Stockyards, The Cowboy Channel features content focused on rodeo, bull riding, roping, reining, barrel racing, and other western sports genres, along with western fashion, music, and movies. The lineup also features a wide variety of “live” coverage from major western events showcasing the world’s toughest and most talented cowboys and cowgirls. The network enjoys distribution into 42 million homes on cable/satellite systems on DISH, DIRECTV®, AT&T U-Verse, Charter Spectrum, Cox, Comcast, Mediacom, Verizon FIOS TV, and many other rural cable systems. In addition, The Cowboy Channel can be streamed via Sling TV’s Heartland Extra package.
RFD-TV is the flagship network for Rural Media Group. Launched in December of 2000, RFD-TV is the nation’s first 24-hour television network featuring programming focused on the agribusiness, equine and the rural lifestyles, along with traditional country music and entertainment. RFD-TV produces six hours of live news each weekday in support of rural America and is a leading independent cable channel available in more than 52 million homes on DISH, DIRECTV®, AT&T U-Verse, Charter Spectrum, Cox, Comcast, Mediacom, Suddenlink, and many other rural cable systems. In addition, RFD-TV can be streamed online via The Country Club at rfdcc.com, DIRECTV NOW, Roku, and Sling TV’s Heartland Extra package.
Rural Radio XM147 Found exclusively on SiriusXM Channel 147, RURAL RADIO 147 is the agribusiness and Western-lifestyle channel for the U.S. and Canada. RURAL RADIO 147’s program schedule revolves around original productions focused on agriculture, equine, hunting, fishing, Western sports, and living the country life in small towns around rural America. Broadcast operations for the station are located in Nashville, Tennessee. The channel airs multiple exclusive news and agriculture series along with live broadcasts of Western sports competitions from the PBR, PRCA rodeos, and WPCA Chuckwagon races.