Dick's CEO says he had company destroy $5 million worth of rifles
Dick's Sporting Goods CEO Ed Stack appears to have no regrets over banning certain rifles from his stores.
The move was made last year and Stack eventually doubled down and banned anyone under 21 from buying a gun at Dick's stores. He also told CBS News Sunday Morning that he destroyed about $5 million worth of inventory.
"I said, 'You know what? If we really think these things should be off the street, we need to destroy them,'" Stack said in the interview.
He estimates that the stand against guns cost the company about $250 million. There are currently more than 100 Dick's stores who do not sell firearms of any kind.
"If they don't want guns, that's their right," a gun rights advocate told CBS. "It feels really anti-American to start creating public policy through corporate policy."