Wrangler NFR 2019: Team Ropers Tyler Wade and Cole Davison claim second win in three rounds
After three rounds team roping, Tyler Wade and Cole Davison have taken the top time twice, most recently a 3.70 second run in Round 3.
The two have a lot of work yet to do but know how fortunate they are to have two of three rounds won.
“The money is awesome, and we have $62,000 won already and that is a good feeling,” Wade said. “It’s nice to have that much in the third round, but right now it’s too early to talk averages.”
Davison knows how important winning two early rounds is in catching the rest of the field but isn't getting ahead of himself.
"Obviously, we are here to catch every one of them, and nobody thinks about the average until the end of the week because there’s so much money. This is a humbling sport, so I just try to stay even-keeled.”
Team Roping Header World Standings (NFR money in parentheses)
1. Clay Smith - $186,742 ($36,230)
2. Kaleb Driggers - $153,557 ($35,102)
3. Tyler Wade - $135,855 ($62,461)
4. Clay Tryan - $133,895 ($30,730)
5. Brenten Hall - $130,657 ($41,730)
Team Roping Heeler World Standings (NFR money in parentheses)
1. Junior Nogueira - $150,877 ($35,102)
2. Jade Corkill - $144,868 ($36,230)
3. Jake Long - $137,627 ($30,730)
4. Cole Davison - $134,370 ($62,461)
5. Chase Tryan - $128,075 ($41,730)