12-year-old by accidentally sets lawn on fire on Christmas morning
A Texas family had a "memorable Christmas to say the least" after their 12-year-old son accidentally sent the lawn on fire on Christmas morning.
Nissa-Lynn Parson relayed the story on Facebook. Her son, who is an avid reader with an interest in science, was given a magnifying glass for Christmas. The family thought he would use it for reading but he had other ideas.
"We discovered that he and his two brothers went out on the driveway and burned a couple holes in some paper. Everything was under control until the boys came running into the house telling us that a corner of the lawn was on fire and the Christmas lights were melting," Parson wrote. "We grabbed buckets, Justin turned the sprinklers on, and I grabbed blankets to smother and trap it - before it could spread any more into the neighbors yard! What a sight to see - a bunch of people running around crazy trying to put a front lawn fire out while wearing matching Christmas jammies."
Nissa-Lynn Parson told CNN that her son was shocked and surprised to see the power that the magnifying glass had.
"I want to reiterate this was an accident," Parson wrote. "It could have been worse but it wasn’t. So instead of a tragedy it will now be a Christmas to remember."