Crabmeat stuffed bell peppers
Recipe from Lisa Saplut of Louisiana
12 bell peppers
3 lbs. crabmeat
1/3 cup oil
3 white potatoes (mashed)
3 cans tomato sauce
2 minced jalapeno peppers
2 pks green onion
3 tbp. garlic
salt and black pepper to taste
1. In 8-qt. iron pot, put crabmeat, green onion and garlic.
2. Cook down on medium fire for 30 minutes.
3. Add potatoes, tomato sauce, jalapenos.
4. Add salt and pepper if desired.
5. Cook about 30-40 minutes or longer.
6. Boil bell peppers for 10 minutes.
7. Fill peppers with crabmeat mixture. Place in large baking pan and top with one tbsp. oil and bread crumbs. Add 1/2 cup water to pan.
8. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
9. Remove foil and finish baking for 15-20 mins.
Excellent served with cooked rice or pasta.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.