Pineapple crunch cake
Recipe from Sanda Cunningham of Sparta, Tenn.
- 1 cup ( 8 3/4 ounce can) crushed pineapple
- 1/3 cup butter or shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp.salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tbsp. melted butter or margarine
- Drain pinneapple well, saving 1/2-cup juice
- Cream butter , sugar , and vanilla. Add egg , and beat well.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to mixture alternately with juice, beating well.
- Spread half in a greased and floured cake pan, either 8-in. round or 9-in. square.
- Spoon pineapple over batter, and cover with remaining batter.
- Combine coconut , brown sugar, pecans, and butter. Ssprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
Cut into wedges, serve with ice cream if desired.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.