Kathy's Mocha Pecan Balls
Recipe from Kath Rossi of Ill.
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tbsp instant expresso coffee powder
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 56 milk chocolate candy drops or pieces unwrapped
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat together butter and shortening in bowl of an electric mixer on medium high speed
- until fluffy. ( Use an egg beater and/or wire whisk).
- Add sugars; beat thoroughly.
- Add eggs, water and vanilla extract, beating until well blended.
- Add flour, cocoa and instant expresso coffee mixture, beating until just combined.
- Fold in finely chopped pecans.
- Cover bowl; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls (Approximately 56); wrap each around
- 1 milk chocolate candy.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-12 minuttes or until set.
- Immediately transfer from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Roll cookies into powdered sugar.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Roll cookies into powdered sugar again.
Store in tightly covered container.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.