Recipe from Lois Friedmann of Stillwater, Okla.
- 6 to 8 slices of bread
- 6 to 8 eggs and a cup of milk, mixed well ¾ lb of cheese grated (your choice, I like colby jack)
- 1 lb of sausage fried and drained
- 1 small green pepper or 1 can of green chilies
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 can of mushroom soup with about 1 cup of milk
- Grease a 9x13 inch cake pan. Tear up the bread in the bottom. Add eggs then cheese. Layer the sausage mixture ( sausage, green pepper and onion).
- I like to make sure my onions and peppers are done so I cook them all together with sausage.
- Last add the mushroom soup mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hour and minutes. Bake covered the first 50 minutes and uncover to brown.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.