Homemade Chicken and Dumplings
Recipe from Mary Graham of Elgin, S.C.
- 1 small whole chicken
- 1 onion
- Salt and pepper
- 3-4 cans Butter-Me-Not biscuits. (No substituitions.)
- Boil chicken in enough water to cover until meat is falling off the bone.
- Remove chicken and place on plate to cool.
- You may remove some of the stock; about 1 to 2 cups may add later if needed.
- Take 3 - 4 cans of biscuits. Remove biscuits from can and flatten each biscuit. Place flatted biscuits on plate.
- Add 1 can of cream of chicken soup to boiling stock. Ppinch off small pieces of biscuit and drop into stock.
- After every biscuit, push the dumpling down until broth covers. (Work quickly until all bisquits are gone. Be gentle, push the dumplings down but do not stir.
- Cover and cook about 20 min. on med-low heat. If too thick add more broth.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.