Lori's special chicken salad
Recipe from Lori Johnson of Sweetwater, Tenn.
1 bag frozen, skinless, chicken tenerloins
2 t. chopped garlic
McCormick's Citrus Grill Seasoning
1/2 a lime
1/2 a lemon
2 gala apples, chopped
1/2 med. white onion, chopped
1 large bunch, large, ripe, green grapes - sliced in half, lengthwise
1 small package sliced almonds
1 small can mandarin oranges, drained well and patted dry
Kraft Real Mayo Sour Cream, optional
1. Drizzle Olive Oil in large skillet. Add chicken, frozen or thawed (if thawed, I cut into bite sized pieces first). Season both sides of chicken with seasoned salt, garlic pepper and citrus grill.
2. While chicken is cooking, squeeze lime and lemon over each side. When cooked through, remove from heat and lay on paper towel lined plate.
3. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and put in large mixing bowl. Add apples, onion, grapes, almonds, and oranges (no need to chop oranges, they will fall apart as mixing).
4. Add mayo and sour cream a little at a time until desired consistency. (May also use vanilla yogurt for a healthier option). Stir in almonds
*Note - the oranges add a great flavor, but they do make for a slighly runnier salad as they hold water. I also will sometimes squeeze a slight amount of lime into the salad, which gives great flavor, but also makes for a thinner consistency dressing
5. Serve as salad, in a wrap, on great bread for sandwiches.
Yield: 8-10 Servings
Comments: What makes this salad unique is the way the chicken is cooked and flavored.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.