CC & Gerries Crab, Shrimp, and Corn Bisque
Recipe from Chris Cox of St. Amant, La.
Total Time: 2 hrs
3/4 cup of unsalted butter
2 cup of chopped onions
1 cups of chopped bell peppers
2 16oz cans of cream style corn
8 ounces of Velveeta Mexican Pepper Jack cheese
1 quart of heavy whipping cream
3 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon of red pepper (cayenne)
1 teaspoon of black pepper
2 pounds of raw shrimp (small size)
1 pounds of crab meat (lump)
2 tablespoons of corn starch
1 cup of water
1. Saute onions in half the melted butter for about 5 minutes. Add bell peppers and saute for about another 5 minutes.
2. Add remainder of butter to mixture. Add crab meat, salt, red and black pepper, and simmer for another 5 minutes.
3. Add corn and simmer for another 5 minutes.
4. Add 8 ounces of Velveeta Mexican pepper jack cheese (cut in slices). Add whipping cream (1 quart). Simmer for about 15 minutes.
5. Taste the seasoning and adjust to taste.
6. If liquid is too thin, add 2 tablespoons of dissolved corn starch/water to thicken bisque.
- Can substitute crawfish, shrimp, or crabmeat in bisque, or any combination of all.
Yield: 12-16 cups of bisque
Comments: Great as appetizer or meal.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.