Justin Wilson Looking Back: Chili Rice
Dis is a delightful dish. You can serve it by itself or with a good gravy or gumbo. It is so easy to fix, I garontee!
Serves 4-6 people
- 2 cups of uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Place all the ingredients except the oil in a large pot and cover with water to come up to the first joint of your middle finger.
Pour the oil over the top (this will keep the water from boiling over).
Bring to a boil and boil until most of the water is gone. Put the lid on the pot and reduce the fire to the lowest heat.
Cook until the rice is done, about 45 minutes.