Summary: The purpose of this position is to provide content for newscasts or other productions.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Collect, assemble and edit news stories for daytime and/or evening newscast.
- Responsible for concept development, writing, editing and producing of live / pre-produced shows, including script writing, selecting music, video clips, implementing graphic elements and directing voice-over / on-air talent.
- Verify that video, script and sound effects conform to broadcast standards.
- Assist on-air production crew, as needed.
- Works with Director and other producers to decide story selection, placement, length, editorial treatment and overall presentation of shows and segments.
- Ability to write compelling copy for air, as well as produce and edit.
- Experience with guest booking process.
- Editorial point person in the Control Room during live shows, thus responsible for final editorial decisions.
- Establish and maintain production schedules to meet all deadlines.
- Performs at a high level of professionalism, while under extreme pressures and tight deadlines.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to successfully work with various departments/staff to coordinate all aspects of the newscast.
- Ability to create unique presentations for shows, while maintaining our goal to provide informative content about RURAL America.
- Successful candidate should be dependable and able to work whenever needed, including, but not limited to mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
Qualifications, Education and Skill Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in communications or other related field is preferred, OR equivalent education/training/directing experience is required.
- Agriculture background or firm knowledge of agriculture preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with newscast production required.
- Superior verbal, written and presentation skills required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays, as needed.
- Strong creative skill set with proven work examples.
- Must be detailed oriented and maintain high levels of quality control for various elements during production (both LIVE and pre-produced content).
- Superior leadership and time management skills essential.
- Must work well under pressure and have the ability to manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in various computer programs required for LIVE productions/pre-produced content, editing, etc., such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite/Photoshop, After Effects, etc.
- Pro-active problem solver.
- Travel may be required – based out of Nashville, TN.