Justin Wilson Looking Back - His Special Tossed Salad
Cook along with Justin Wilson’s Looking Back every Saturday at 4:30 pm ET on RFD-TV
Serves 8 Cajuns, or 24 other people
- 1 large avocado
- A clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Lea & Perrins (Worcestershire sauce)
- 4 oz of feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Poupon mustard
- 3/4 cup of chopped parsley
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
- Lettuce for bed
Mash garlic with salt to make a gritty paste. Add the avocado and mash some more. Pour lemon juice over avocado so that it will keep its color. Stir well.
Add olive oil, stir, add hot sauce, stir, add Worcestershire sauce, stir, and add wine vinegar. Stir. Add mustard. Stir. Crumble a good quantity of cheese in the dressing. Add chopped tomatoes and parsley. Stir well and serve over lettuce.
Makes about 3 cups and is good for dipping as well!