Beef Checkoff launches United We Steak campaign
Beef. It’s What For Dinner., funded by the Beef Checkoff, launched its United We Steak summer grilling campaign.
It is a celebration of grilling steaks and the unique flavor each state brings. The campaign features an interactive map on its homepage with a recipe and a story about a farmer or rancher in each state. The goal is to get America in the grilling spirit with state-specific recipes and facts.
“Beef is America’s favorite protein, and there’s nothing more American than beef sizzling on the backyard grill,” said Alisa Harrison, senior vice president of Global Marketing and Research at the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association, a contractor to the Beef Checkoff. “‘United We Steak’ celebrates the passion for grilling beef that unites Americans, along with the grilling traditions and recipes unique to each state. It also recognizes the beef farmers and ranchers across the country working hard to ensure that families everywhere can continue to grill up their favorite cut of beef this summer.”
The Beef Checkoff highlighted these five dishes in a press release:
• Beef Bites with a Peanut-Whiskey Sauce: Grilled Top Sirloin Steak and peppers are served with a flavorful peanut-whiskey sauce in this delicious Southern-style recipe from Tennessee.
• Citrus-Marinated Beef Top Sirloin & Fruit Kabobs: No Florida recipe would be complete without citrus! These citrus-marinated Top Sirloin Steak kabobs feature grilled fruit for a sweet addition.
• Hawaiian Beef Fajita Bowl: This recipe is paradise in a bowl. It combines grilled Flank Steak with brown rice, peppers and pineapple salsa. Coconut flakes sprinkled on top give it a true island feel.
• Cajun Beef Pepper Steak: This recipe from Louisiana calls for simply grilling Top Round Steak with Cajun or Creole seasoning. It then gets served with peppers and Cajun rice.
• Tex-Mex Steak Torta: The Lone Star state is known for Tex-Mex, and this Tex-Mex Torta is a grilling superstar. Grilled Skirt Steak with peppers, onions and salsa make for a tasty sandwich for lunch or dinner.
You can see fun facts, recipes and more here.