Despite weather challenges, it was a good year for cranberry producers

Despite weather extremes, cranberry production fared well this year.

The executive director of the Wisconsin Cranberry Growers Association shares more about current supplies.

According to Tom Lochner, “Fresh fruit is very seasonal. It only accounts for about 3 percent of the crop, but the other 97 percent of the crop is sold as processed products like dried cranberries, juice, cranberry sauce, and other processed products and those should be an ample supply in grocery stores for consumers throughout the holiday season and the rest of the year.”

Wisconsin leads the nation and the world in cranberry production, producing about 65 percent of the U.S. crop every year.

Agriculture Shows
From soil to harvest. Top Crop is an all-new series about four of the best farmers in the world—Dan Luepkes, of Oregan, Illinois; Cory Atley, of Cedarville, Ohio; Shelby Fite, of Jackson Center, Ohio; Russell Hedrick, of Hickory, North Carolina—reveals what it takes for them to make a profitable crop. It all starts with good soil, patience, and a strong planter setup.
Champions of Rural America is a half-hour dive into the legislative priorities for Rural America. Join us as we interview members of the Congressional Western Caucus to learn about efforts in Washington to preserve agriculture and tackles the most important topics in the ag industry on Champions of Rural America!
Farm Traveler is for people who want to connect with their food and those who grow it. Thanks to direct-to-consumer businesses, agritourism, and social media, it’s now easier than ever to learn how our food is made and support local farmers. Here on the Farm Traveler, we want to connect you with businesses offering direct-to-consumer products you can try at home, agritourism sites you can visit with your family, and exciting new technologies that are changing how your food is being grown.
Featuring members of Congress, federal and state officials, ag and food leaders, farmers, and roundtable panelists for debates and discussions.
Host Ben Bailey hops in the tractor cab, giving farmers 10 minutes to answer as many questions and grab as much cash as they can for their local FFA chapter.