Director of Creative Services
The Director of Creative Services is responsible for the planning and execution of all graphic design and other creative services for Rural Media Group.
- Fosters collaboration between Creative Services, Marketing/Communications, Magazine, Website, On-Air and Sales departments to determine the nature and contents of the projects to be developed.
- Submit projects to the requesting department head for review and make necessary corrections.
- Constructs and assembles mock up projects to confirm concept/direction of the project.
- Manages the creation of concepts, graphics and any visual elements from draft to final project.
- Determines appropriate means to produce the desired visual effect and the production methods.
- Create product spec sheets.
- Manages the development of original art and design in accordance with the RMG brand and manages each project through to a successful completion.
- Provides leadership in the area of graphic design as marketing plans are being created, and strategies and tactics are being identified.
- Prepares and delivers effective presentations.
- Sources and manages vendor relationships related to the creative process.
- Creates accurate files and other necessary materials for successful execution of graphic projects, and maintains timely, organized photo and electronic filing system of all graphic materials.
- Coordinates all photo shoots and related assignments.
- Determines graphic infrastructure needs for computers, software, storage, etc., and makes recommendations when changes are necessary.
- Serves as the senior design expert for all materials.
- Manages all creative projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, English or Communications or a related discipline and at least 7 years’ of related experience is required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to recognize and produce trendsetting designs that will appeal to our audience.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills necessary.
- Superior knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is a MUST.
- Multi-task effectively, working quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized, detailed, excellent communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and ability to work on a team while handling multiple tasks and priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of RFD-TV’s rural programming a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat is necessary.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights, holidays and weekends if needed.
- Applicant must be detail oriented.
- On-site attendance I required of this position.