Justin Wilson Looking Back: Pickled Eggs
I like to take a plain hard-boiled egg and a pickled egg and mash them up together to make an egg salad. Easy cookin’! The yield depends on who’s hungry for pickled eggs.
Serves 4-6 people
- 24 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- Vinegar, heated just below boiling
- 1 cup of pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1/2 cup of jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dried mint
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- Salt to taste
Place the eggs in a large jar with a tight-fitting lid. Add enough of the hot vinegar to cover the eggs.
Place the rest of the ingredients in the jar, and cover it tightly with the lid. Let them sit at room temperature for at least two weeks; then someone can start eating them.