Wrangler NFR 2019: Marty Yates jumps from seventh to second in world standings
Marty Yates came into the Wrangler NFR ranked seventh in the world rankings in tie-down roping. After two rounds, he sits in seconds place.
After a second-round win, thanks to a 7.3-second run Yates has earned over $45,000 at the NFR.
“It’s great starting the momentum off early and being able to carry it through the week and put as much money in my pocket as possible.”
Yates is seeking his first world championship, and after placing in the money in the first two rounds, he has drawn within $12,428.51 of Haven Meged, who sits in first place.
Tie-Down Roping World Standings (NFR money in parentheses)
1. Haven Meged - $158,859 ($38,980)
2. Marty Yates - $146,431 ($45,115)
3. Caleb Smidt - $141,899 ($10,000)
4. Shane Hanchey - $138,427 ($36,230)
5. Taylor Santos - $137,637 ($36,230)