Bill Alexander Painting Tips: Mountain Water Runoff Part 2
Each Saturday we will have tips and instructions from Bill himself as he walks you through “Mountain Water Runoff.”
Bill Shows Us How To Create Detail With Just A Few Strokes.
Today Bill continues his painting called “Mountain Water Runoff.” He adds the mountains with not too many strokes with the palette knife.
Key Points To Consider:
- The background layer is very thin.
- Bill always used thick white on his mountains.
- Bill lived where he was surrounded by mountains.
- He puts a thin coat for the base color.
- Then he adds highlights and shadows but makes sure he lets the middle value (base color) show through.
- He holds the knife flat to the canvas.
- Bill continues to create a story as he goes.