Justin Wilson Eazy Cookin': White Navy Beans
We have another amazing recipe from Mr. Justin Wilson!
- 1 pound of small navy beans, washed really well
- 2 cups of chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried mint
- 3/4 cup of chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 pound pickled pork shoulder, fat removed and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 pound ham hocks
- 1 tablespoon of Liquid Smoke
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- Louisiana hot sauce or cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup steak sauce
- Salt to taste
Soak the first seven ingredients together in a large bowl overnight in enough water to generously cover the beans.
Pat the pickled pork dry with paper towels and brown it slightly in a large pot over a medium-high fire. Pour the beans and their soaking water into the pot with the meat and add the remaining ingredients except for the salt.
Bring to a boil, then cut down the heat to a nice bubbly boil. You may need to add hot water if the liquid cooks down. When the beans are more or less tender, season with salt if needed.