Justin Wilson Looking Back: Baked Catfish
Some people way up Nort’ may not know about catfish, so they can use some other kind of fish. But me, I will rather have the catfish.
Serves 10 people
- One 10-pound cleaned catfish
- Roughly chopped fresh parsley to taste
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried mint
- 1 1/2 cups of dry white wine
Place the catfish in an oiled roaster pan and sprinkle the parsley around it. Sprinkle the catfish with salt and cayenne pepper and place the lemon slice over it.
Mix the lemon juice, steak sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, mint, and wine together and pour around the fish.
Cover and bake in a preheated 300-degree oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
Serve with the sauce.