Justin Wilson Looking Back: Crawfish Maque Chou
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 3/4 cups of chopped bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley or 1 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups of corn cut and scraped off the cob or canned whole-kernel corn
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped garlic
- Salt and Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of steak sauce
- 2 pounds of crawfish tails, peeled
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium fire, then cook the onions, bell peppers, and parsley, stirring, until the onions are clear and the peppers are cooked.
Add the corn and stir really well, then add the wine, water, and garlic.
Stir in the salt, cayenne, and steak sauce, reduce the fire to low, cover, and cook until the corn is done about 20 minutes.
Add the crawfish and bring to a boil. Lower the fire and cook for 10-15 minutes.