Justin Wilson Looking Back: Venison Roast
Serve up this tasty venison roast as seen on an episode of Justin Wilson Looking Back.
Makes 8 servings.
- One 3-pound venison shoulder or ham roast
- 4-6 garlic cloves, peeled
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Be sure to remove all the fat from the venison. Puncture the roast all over with a small knife and stuff the garlic cloves into the holes. Rub the roast with salt and cayenne. Place the venison in an oiled roaster pan with a lid. Place the remaining ingredients around, not on, the roast, cover, and cook in a preheated 350-degree oven for about 2 hours. Baste the roast one time after an hour of cooking.