Justin Wilson Looking Back: Walnut Pie
We have another amazing recipe from Mr. Justin Wilson!
Makes two 9 1/2 inch pies
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar cane molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of walnuts, chopped
- Two 9 1/2 unbaked pie shells
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, then gradually beat in the sugar, margarine, and flour. Stir in the walnuts and mix well.
Divide the filling between the unbaked pie shells and bake until firm in the middle, about 1 hour.