Pig sparks farm fire after eating, defecating battery-powered pedometer

PigPen Fire

Firefighters in England were called to a pig farm Saturday after a pig sparked a fire in its pen by swallowing a pedometer which then combusted “after nature had taken its course,” officials said.

Copper from the pedometer’s batteries apparently reacted with the pig’s excrement to ignite the fire.

The pedometers were being used on pigs to prove they were free-range.

No pigs or people were hurt in the fire.

In a twitter post, the local fire department said the fire spread to 4 pigpens.