The EPA has allowed existing stocks of Dicamba to be used

After requests from several ag groups, the EPA issued an order allowing existing stocks to be used this year.

Farmers across the U.S. will still have access to existing stockpiles of the widely popular herbicide Dicamba this season.

After requests from several ag groups, the EPA issued an order allowing existing stocks to be used this year. This includes Dicamba currently in the U.S. which was packaged and labeled before February 6th.
The ruling says distributors and retailers in possession of qualified stocks may sell them until the end-of-use date in their state.

In a statement after the EPA’s order, the National Cotton Council said in part, “We commend them for recognizing that growers had already committed to the seeds and crop protection products for the coming year, and no viable alternatives would have been available to meet the needs of U.S. producers.”

LATEST STORIES BY THIS AUTHOR:

Lower inventories and cautious farrowing plans suggest tighter hog supplies into 2026, keeping producer margins sensitive to demand trends and health risks.
Secretary Rollins’ plan targets high costs, labor challenges, and export growth, delivering relief at home while building markets abroad.
Transportation challenges are mounting as droughts lower Mississippi River levels and push freight rates higher.
Waiting could risk leaving next year’s crop unprotected.
Michigan corn farmer and NCGA Vice President-Elect Matt Frostic will lead the task force. He joined us on Thursday to share his insights on the escalating corn crisis.
Speaking about his administration’s tariff strategy, Trump acknowledged that producers could face financial strain in the short term but promised stopgap support.