NASHVILLE, TENN. (RFD NEWS) — After months of legal back and forth, including a Supreme Court battle, tariff refunds could begin going out this week.
More than 75,000 businesses had reportedly applied for refunds as of last month after the Supreme Court struck down the president’s use of emergency tariffs.
The White House says it plans to appeal the ruling.
U.S. Customs told the Court of International Trade it was targeting this week to begin issuing payments. Current estimates indicate the federal government could be forced to return more than $150 billion to importers.
Related Stories
National Education Center for Ag Safety Director Dan Neenan joins us to discuss grain bin safety and the steps producers can take to prevent tragedies.
As National Advisor, Carson will counsel both President Trump and Secretary Rollins on nutrition, healthcare access in rural areas, and housing. He will also serve as a key member of the MAHA Commission.
What is it like working cattle with an outbreak of New World Screwworm so close to home? Wayne Cockrell, with the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association, joined us on Wednesday to discuss.
Kevin Charleston with Specialty Risk Insurance joined us Tuesday to share his perspective on farm safety and risk management during fall harvest.