NASHVILLE, TENN. (RFD NEWS) — After months of legal back and forth, including a Supreme Court battle, tariff refunds could begin going out this week.
More than 75,000 businesses had reportedly applied for refunds as of last month after the Supreme Court struck down the president’s use of emergency tariffs.
The White House says it plans to appeal the ruling.
U.S. Customs told the Court of International Trade it was targeting this week to begin issuing payments. Current estimates indicate the federal government could be forced to return more than $150 billion to importers.
Related Stories
Thousands of pork producers from around the globe gathered in Des Moines, Iowa, this week for the World Pork Expo to showcase the latest production innovations and learn about market trends in the industry.
Mike Vanmaanen, president of the Livestock Marketing Association, joins us Friday on the Market Day Report for a closer look at the Heritage Act.
“I’ll say first and foremost, we need to make sure that the crop insurance system is not conflicting with these good farming practices.”