Saddle bronc athlete-turned-country music sensation Chancey Williams releases album, One of These Days
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (March 24, 2023) - Neo-traditional country music sensation Chancey Williams has released his highly-anticipated album, One of These Days - and, along with it, the title track and latest single - now available on all streaming platforms. As one of only two artists (Chris LeDoux) to both compete in the rodeo and perform on the main stage at Cheyenne Frontier Days, Williams has been praised for writing and performing with an “honesty that feels real…and quite timely” (Taste of Country) - and One of These Days is no exception, further cementing Williams as the next authentic cowboy in country music.
Listen to One of These Days HERE.
“I co-wrote eleven of the twelve songs on the new record and I’m really proud of it. I think it speaks to where I am at this point, creatively,” said Williams of the project. “Trent Willmon and I have really found the space we want to be in. I’m really excited to have a song on this one with Jody Stevens, who brings an entirely different perspective, and to have been able to write some tunes with guys like Brice Long and Bobby Pinson - I really look up to all these folks. To top it off, the musicians on here are really the best, top notch people I’m lucky to work with.”
The 12-track project kicks off with 2021’s “old school… eye-for-an-eye” (Digital Journal) barn burner “The Saint,” and also includes previously released tunes like “festive boot stompin’ Irish jam” (Whiskey Riff) “On the Tear Tonight,” tempo, play on words “Look Good Leavin’,” “poignantly weighty” ballad (The Country Note) “If I Die Before You Wake,” refreshingly honest, beat driven “Blame It On the Rain,” and “Hideaway” - “a mellow song with Western roots and a bit of an island vibe” (My Country 95.5). In addition to six previously released songs, One of These Days features six new tracks - from upbeat, lovestruck “Bordertown Whiskey,” to the retrospective, bittersweet “Talk About a Memory.”
One of These Days predates Williams’ Grand Ole Opry debut; the up-and-comer will set foot in the mother church of country music, taking his spot in the legendary circle on 4/22.
1. The Saint (Chancey Williams, Trent Willmon)
2. Bordertown Whiskey (Chancey Williams, Trent Willmon)
3. One of These Days (Chancey Williams, Jody Stevens)
4. Look Good Leavin’ (Chancey Williams, Trent Willmon, Bobby Pinson)
5. On the Tear Tonight (Chancey Williams, Trent Willmon)
6. Blame It On the Rain (Chancey Williams, Trent Willmon)
7. Hideaway (Chancey Williams, Trent Willmon)
8. Land of the Buffalo (Chancey Williams, Trent Willmon)
9. Only the Good Ones (Chancey Williams, Trent Willmon, Bobby Pinson)
10. Talk About a Memory (Chancey Williams, Brice Long)
11. Rodeo Time (Chancey Williams, Trent Willmon)
12. If I Die Before You Wake (Dave Brainard, Dustin Evans, Rick Tiger)