The EPA has allowed existing stocks of Dicamba to be used

After requests from several ag groups, the EPA issued an order allowing existing stocks to be used this year.

Farmers across the U.S. will still have access to existing stockpiles of the widely popular herbicide Dicamba this season.

After requests from several ag groups, the EPA issued an order allowing existing stocks to be used this year. This includes Dicamba currently in the U.S. which was packaged and labeled before February 6th.
The ruling says distributors and retailers in possession of qualified stocks may sell them until the end-of-use date in their state.

In a statement after the EPA’s order, the National Cotton Council said in part, “We commend them for recognizing that growers had already committed to the seeds and crop protection products for the coming year, and no viable alternatives would have been available to meet the needs of U.S. producers.”

LATEST STORIES BY THIS AUTHOR:

Tariffs are pushing up input costs, with fertilizer prices rising $100 per ton and machinery costs climbing due to steel and parts duties.
Year-round sales of E-15 are another major topic on Capitol Hill, which, according to Rep. Adrian Smith (R-NE), is one issue up for debate this session with significant bipartisan support.
Lawmakers have until September 30 to shore up federal spending for next year, or risk a government shutdown. The Farm Bill is also set to expire the same day.
American Soybean Association President Caleb Ragland joins us to share his reaction to September’s WASDE and discuss the trade uncertainty between China and his industry.
Bottom line: Despite all the efforts advocates make, workers are still making less money.