NASHVILLE, TENN. (RFD NEWS) — After months of legal back and forth, including a Supreme Court battle, tariff refunds could begin going out this week.
More than 75,000 businesses had reportedly applied for refunds as of last month after the Supreme Court struck down the president’s use of emergency tariffs.
The White House says it plans to appeal the ruling.
U.S. Customs told the Court of International Trade it was targeting this week to begin issuing payments. Current estimates indicate the federal government could be forced to return more than $150 billion to importers.
Related Stories
Michigan corn farmer and NCGA Vice President-Elect Matt Frostic will lead the task force. He joined us on Thursday to share his insights on the escalating corn crisis.
Speaking about his administration’s tariff strategy, Trump acknowledged that producers could face financial strain in the short term but promised stopgap support.
Rising cow numbers and higher yields are boosting milk supplies, which may keep pressure on prices and farm margins into the fall.
U.S. soybean farmers are growing increasingly frustrated by Argentina’s gains in Chinese grain contracts and Trump’s pledge of economic support for the South American ally.
The USDA is moving to close the farm trade gap through promotion, missions, and stronger export financing.
Farm legal and taxation expert Roger McEowen explains the IRS’s shift to electronic payments and disbursements, and what it means for upcoming tax filings.