U.S. Customs Could Begin Issuing Tariff Refunds This Week

Current estimates indicate the federal government could be forced to return more than $150 billion to importers.

NASHVILLE, TENN. (RFD NEWS) — After months of legal back and forth, including a Supreme Court battle, tariff refunds could begin going out this week.

More than 75,000 businesses had reportedly applied for refunds as of last month after the Supreme Court struck down the president’s use of emergency tariffs.

The White House says it plans to appeal the ruling.

U.S. Customs told the Court of International Trade it was targeting this week to begin issuing payments. Current estimates indicate the federal government could be forced to return more than $150 billion to importers.

Marion is a digital content manager for RFD News and FarmHER + RanchHER. She started working for Rural Media Group in May 2022, bringing a decade of digital experience in broadcast media and some cooking experience to the team.

LATEST STORIES BY THIS AUTHOR:

Lawmakers and ag industry groups welcomed the confirmations, citing the direct impact of these leaders on western ranchers, water and land management, conservation programs, and regulatory reform.
All eyes will be on today’s Cattle on Feed Report, which analysts say could give a clearer picture of where the market goes next.
More than 100 pork producers traveled to Washington to meet with lawmakers and underscore the threat to small family farms.
Now the Senate must pass a version of the spending bill before the Sept. 30 deadline.
Corn and beef exports showed strong momentum, cotton sales surged, and soybean sales held steady, though China remains absent from the U.S. market.