NASHVILLE, TENN. (RFD NEWS) — After months of legal back and forth, including a Supreme Court battle, tariff refunds could begin going out this week.
More than 75,000 businesses had reportedly applied for refunds as of last month after the Supreme Court struck down the president’s use of emergency tariffs.
The White House says it plans to appeal the ruling.
U.S. Customs told the Court of International Trade it was targeting this week to begin issuing payments. Current estimates indicate the federal government could be forced to return more than $150 billion to importers.
Related Stories
Ag Secretary Brooke Rollins told RFD-TV’s Kirbe Schnoor that trade is unpredictable, and that President Trump is committed to making America’s producers part of that conversation.
Here are the top agriculture news headlines from RFD-TV News today (Thursday, Feb. 27, 2025) and the top trending stories on RFD-TV News.