A Few of Our Favorite...Fourth of July Songs (Playlist)
Happy Independence Day from all of us at RFD-TV! We pulled together a playlist of some of our favorite country songs to play this Fourth of July!
This week for Independence Day, Rural Americans will gather across the country for barbecues, picnics, and all kinds of outdoor events (that is if the weather cooperates!)
We pulled together a playlist of some of our favorite country songs to play this Fourth of July, dividing it by our five favorite things to celebrate on Independence Day: Freedom, Faith, Food, Family & Fun!
No matter what time of year, this list of classic American hits will transport you to those memorable summertime moments and make you feel “proud to be an American!"From Hendrix’s rendition of the “Star Spangled Banner” to “Dirt Road Anthem,” we hope you find a song you love on this list to play loud over the speakers at your BBQ!
Listen along with us this Independence Day!
The reason for the season, we cannot forget how special it is to live in a free country and appreciate the price paid by so many American war veterans. Thank you for your service!
- “Independence Day” - Martina McBride
- “On the Fourth of July” - James Taylor
- “I Love My Country” - Florida Georgia Line
- “Only in America” - Brooks & Dunn
- “Star Spangled Banner (Live) - Jimi Hendrix
Next to our veterans, many of our favorite American classic hits give some due credit to “the man upstairs.”
- “Thank God I’m a Country Boy” - John Denver
- “Where the Stars and Stripes and the Eagle Fly” - Aaron Tipton
- “God Bless the USA” - Lee Greenwood
Grammy-winning artist Lee Greenwood is currently celebrating the 40th anniversary of his timeless hit single, “God Bless the USA.” He recently stopped by to talk with RFD-TV’s own Suzanne Alexander about his tour, the box set that is set to release July 28, and why he wrote: “God Bless the USA.”
What’s a more iconic part of every Independence Day celebration than the food?! Whether your favorite is fried chicken, fresh slices of watermelon, or a classic dessert like blueberry or cherry “American” Pie—these songs are guaranteed to make your mouth water!
- “Chicken Fried” - Zac Brown Band
- “Watermelon Crawl” - Tracy Byrd
- “American Pie” - Don McLean
We also love to celebrate each other on the 4th of July: the places we come from, the roads we take to get there, and the people waiting for us at the end of it.
- “American Honey” - Lady A
- “Dirt Road Anthem” - Jason Aldean
- “American Kids” - Kenny Chesney
- “Courtesy of the Red, White & Blue” - Toby Keith
- “XXX’s and OOO’s (An American Girl) - Trisha Yearwood
After remembering all the important things on Independence Day, it is time to let loose and have a great time! If you make it through an entire July 4th celebration without hearing at least one of these songs...are you even American?!
- “Party in the USA” - Miley Cyrus
- “Red Solo Cup” - Toby Keith
- “5 O’Clock Somewhere” - Alan Jackson & Jimmy Buffett
- “Wagon Wheel” - Darius Rucker
- “All Summer Long” - Kid Rock