NASHVILLE, TENN. (RFD NEWS) — After months of legal back and forth, including a Supreme Court battle, tariff refunds could begin going out this week.
More than 75,000 businesses had reportedly applied for refunds as of last month after the Supreme Court struck down the president’s use of emergency tariffs.
The White House says it plans to appeal the ruling.
U.S. Customs told the Court of International Trade it was targeting this week to begin issuing payments. Current estimates indicate the federal government could be forced to return more than $150 billion to importers.
Related Stories
Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent stated this week that the government will intervene to help, following China’s withdrawal from the U.S. soybean market. One trader says the industry will remain in a holding pattern until Tuesday.
Farm CPA Paul Neiffer joins us to provide an updated analysis of projected ARC and PLC payments and potential delays due to the ongoing government shutdown.
Approximately 42,000 birds were affected in the outbreak, officials said.
Beef demand could be influencing other economic sectors, as consumers adjust spending habits to prioritize higher-priced beef products.
Dr. Beetham outlined the background of the EU’s decision to modernize seed regulations and where the process stands today, and its impact on global agriculture and food security.
“It, all of a sudden, says that tracking and fighting hunger is not a priority, apparently, at the federal level.”