NASHVILLE, TENN. (RFD NEWS) — After months of legal back and forth, including a Supreme Court battle, tariff refunds could begin going out this week.
More than 75,000 businesses had reportedly applied for refunds as of last month after the Supreme Court struck down the president’s use of emergency tariffs.
The White House says it plans to appeal the ruling.
U.S. Customs told the Court of International Trade it was targeting this week to begin issuing payments. Current estimates indicate the federal government could be forced to return more than $150 billion to importers.
Related Stories
According to the National Council of Farmers Cooperatives (NCFC), President and CEO Chuck Conner says, there is only one other option besides addressing ag labor shortages.
For rural communities, this shift could mean new housing options for farmworkers and young families priced out of metro markets.
Sen. Roger Marshall, a founding member and chairman of the Make America Healthy Again caucus, joined us with his thoughts on the commission’s latest report and the key ag-related issues.
California rancher and former NCBA President Kevin Kester joined House Republicans on Tuesday to tout provisions in the Big, Beautiful Bill that support family ranches.