NASHVILLE, TENN. (RFD NEWS) — After months of legal back and forth, including a Supreme Court battle, tariff refunds could begin going out this week.
More than 75,000 businesses had reportedly applied for refunds as of last month after the Supreme Court struck down the president’s use of emergency tariffs.
The White House says it plans to appeal the ruling.
U.S. Customs told the Court of International Trade it was targeting this week to begin issuing payments. Current estimates indicate the federal government could be forced to return more than $150 billion to importers.
Related Stories
Roger McEowen with the Washburn School of Law joins us now with the highlights.
A group of 32 Democratic senators is urging ag lawmakers to halt their opposition to Prop 12 in the next Farm Bill.
In honor of Rural Road Safety Week, we’re highlighting some commonly overlooked hazards on rural roads, where 40 percent of all fatal crashes in the United States occur.
Sen. Roger Marshall (R-KS) hosted the talks. The senator and doctor joined us on Wednesday on RFD-TV’s Market Day Report to recap the critical discussions surrounding human health in America.
Ag Secretary Brooke Rollins made the announcement yesterday at the grand opening of a new food safety lab in Missouri, where researchers will do Listeria testing.
$15 billion in U.S. energy, $4.5 billion ag products, 50 Boeing jets—plus a 19% tariff on Indonesian exports in exchange for U.S. market access.