NASHVILLE, TENN. (RFD NEWS) — After months of legal back and forth, including a Supreme Court battle, tariff refunds could begin going out this week.
More than 75,000 businesses had reportedly applied for refunds as of last month after the Supreme Court struck down the president’s use of emergency tariffs.
The White House says it plans to appeal the ruling.
U.S. Customs told the Court of International Trade it was targeting this week to begin issuing payments. Current estimates indicate the federal government could be forced to return more than $150 billion to importers.
Related Stories
U.S. Senator Joni Ernst (R-IA) joined us on Wednesday’s Market Day Report to share why Ames is uniquely positioned to support expanded USDA operations.
Iowa land values dropped 3% year-over-year. Sen. Chuck Grassley said this discomforting pattern is a harbinger of crisis for farmers, as seen in the 1980s.
Prepare for tighter cash flow, delayed capital buys, and policy-driven risk management this fall.
Jed Bower, the incoming president of the National Corn Growers Association, joined us for his sector’s perspective on the ongoing government shutdown.
Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent last week said an announcement would be made on Tuesday. However, that self-imposed deadline has now passed.
Plan for a cooler global trade market in 2026 with tighter margins on exports, potential rate shifts, and premiums for reliable deliveries into Asian and African growth markets.